The Alter-G™ Anti-Gravity Treadmill® has revolutionized the way physical therapists can help patients recover from injuries or surgery. Most lower extremity rehabilitation programs stress the importance of becoming mobile as soon as possible. At Suburban Physical Therapy, we offer our patients the ability to do just that!
The Alter-G™ Revolutionizes Rehabilitation
- Do you have arthritis that prevents you from walking long distances?
- Are you trying to lose weight, but you can't walk or run for long periods of time because of the stress to your joints?
- Are you just out of surgery for a repaired ACL, meniscus, spinal disc, or joint replacement?
- Do you have foot, shin, knee, hip, or back pain but still want to continue training?
- Do you have difficulty walking because of balance issues?
- Do you have Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, a prosthetic leg, or post-stroke and would like to improve your strength, conditioning, and coordination with walking?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, read on to see how we can help you on your path to recovery and mobility.
The Alter-G’s unique differential air pressure (DAP) technology allows a precise and comfortable lifting force to be applied that reduces the body's weight on the lower extremities (limbs). The Alter-G can reduce up to 80% of a person’s weight, so people can find exactly where the pain stops and natural movement feels good again. By exercising at this "pain-free" level, the therapists at Suburban Physical Therapy can monitor each patient and build up their strength and stamina to improve their muscle coordination.
Alter-G™ now available in Brecksville & Twinsburg for medical rehabilitation, fitness, and sports performance
Developed by NASA and enhanced by Alter-G to provide precise unweighting in one percent increments to as low as 20 percent of the patient’s body weight, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is FDA-cleared for the following functional rehabilitation indications:
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Rehabilitation after total joint replacement
- Gait training in neurologic patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in older patients
- Weight control and reduction
- Sport specific conditioning programs
- Aerobic conditioning
Unlike the simple lift harness devices, our Alter-G rehabilitation treadmill provides our therapists a way to accurately measure your rehabilitation progress. Patients with neurological disorders maintain, and in some cases even regain, functionality and mobility working with the Alter-G.
Patients who have lost their mobility due to obesity are incredibly motivated to experience what it would feel like to weigh less, exercise with less joint impact and stress and improve their cardiovascular health. You can read more about medical findings in the clinical rehabilitation data section of the Alter-G website.
If you’ve suffered an injury or gone through surgery, you know the recovery process can be long and challenging. Whether you’re a professional athlete or a weekend warrior, a senior citizen or a young competitor, the Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill at Suburban Physical Therapy can help optimize your treatment outcomes, to get you back faster to the activities you love.
This video shows how the Alter-G Treadmill can aid your recovery, help you get moving again, and even improve your performance.
Patients Praise the Alter-G
"The breakthrough of my recovery”
“I never ran in my entire life until I got in the Alter-G…for the first time in my life I understood how people get addicted to running.”
“The Alter-G completely changed my life in so many ways for the better… you need to experience it at least once.”
The Alter-G is available in both Suburban Physical Therapy locations. To schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapists, please call our Brecksville office at (440) 746-1730, or our Twinsburg office at (330) 963-2920. Same-day appointments may often be available so please call the office of your choice, if you wish to be seen today. You may also submit an appointment request via our Request an Appointment form.