Advanced Treatment for Headaches
Tens of millions of Americans suffer from headaches. Headaches may be mildly annoying (tension or sinus) or completely debilitating (migraine headaches, cluster headaches, cervicogenic headaches).
Over 33 million Americans suffer from migraine headaches. Cluster-type headaches, also known as one-sided and “suicide” headaches, are relatively rare by comparison. Tension headaches are by far the most common type, and can last 15 minutes or days on end. Common causes of headaches include:
- Alcohol, caffeine, or other drug use or withdrawal
- Changes in the levels of chemicals in the body (neurotransmitters)
- Coughing, sneezing, or dehydration
- Dental problems or procedures, such as pain from grinding the teeth or from a root canal
- Eating cold foods or drinking cold fluids
- Emotional stress
- Exposure to smoke or fumes from chemicals, including carbon monoxide
- Eyestrain, fever, high altitude (lower oxygen levels at high altitudes can cause headaches)
- Medical procedures, or the aftereffects of a lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Muscle strain in the neck, upper back, or shoulder muscles
- Upper respiratory infections
While there is no single treatment that eliminates every headache, all are treatable. Symptoms and pain can often be reduced with manual physical therapy techniques and over the counter medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
We also emphasize patient education. The more you know and understand about your body and what causes your headaches, the better able you are to participate in the physical therapy process for better, longer-lasting results.
- Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Hormone Imbalances
- Inflammatory Disorders
- Stress-Related Disorders
Get relief from pain and regain your active life. Trust Suburban Physical Therapy for personalized, hands-on physical therapy. If you are ready to relieve your pain, we are ready to help. To schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapists, please call our Brecksville office at (440) 746-1730, or call our Twinsburg office at (330) 963-2920. Same-day appointments may often be available so please call the office of your choice, if you wish to be seen today. You may also submit an appointment request via our Request an Appointment form.