The Vestibular System (located in the inner ear) helps us to maintain balance by detecting changes in body movement or head position, and when it’s not functioning properly, patients may feel dizzy or lightheaded, lose their balance, of have trouble focusing.
Each year millions of patients experience vestibular issues, which may result from:
- Inner ear disorders or viruses. (may be accompanied by hearing loss.)
- Neck problems
- Side effects of medications
- Brain or heart conditions
- Meniere’s syndrome
- Vertigo which may be caused by stroke, head injury, or nervous system damage.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
Your Vestibular Rehabilitation therapist can design a specialized exercise program to address your individual issues, which may include manual therapy to address neck problems, exercises to reduce dizziness and improve balance, and exercises to strengthen muscles. If you or a loved one are experiencing dizziness or balance problems, call today to find out how vestibular therapy can help to:
- Reduce dizziness and reduce the risk of falls
- Reduce neck pain and increase neck mobility
- Improve overall fitness
- Help patients walk more steadily and return to function
Don’t let a balance disorder limit your life any more than it has to! Call today to find out how vestibular therapy can reduce or eliminate your symptoms! If you are ready to relieve your pain, we are ready to help.To schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapists, please call our Brecksville office at (440) 746-1730, or call the Twinsburg office at (330) 963-2920, or submit an appointment request online. Same-day appointments may be available, so please call the office of your choice if you wish to be seen today.